New Equipoise playstyle

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
ogbloodghast

New Equipoise playstyle

Unread postby ogbloodghast Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:51 pm

We're going to be working on Mythic Grong today and i know arcane is extremely good on this fight.
I have plenty of previous experience playing this spec but I don't know how this new Equipoise trait effects my play.
Should I be floating around 80% mana instead of 30-50% when I'm not in my burn phase? Also does it effect my burn phases and rune of power usages?
aridion1

Re: New Equipoise playstyle

Unread postby aridion1 Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:48 am

Hi,

First off, good luck with Mythic Grong.

Equipoise: balance of forces or interests.

So far I have not noticed a significant difference in "rotation" (especially with runes) besides moving the burn phase threshold above 75% Mana and making the conserve phase more manageable and less sucky. Really it's the same rotation, just takes a little more thought as to how it's best accomplishe. This higher mana requirement can accomplished by always using Evocation prior to burn phase. It's best to not push all Mana out at once each time you burn. Hanging out at your normal 30-50 is good. Really how it feels for me, the only time I am dumping Mana is during a Rune of Power.

As intended, I think they chose the word Equipoise to balance the "Burn(Short)" and "Conserve(Long)". This honestly seems like Blizzard's way of buffing the specialization for those who can min/max effectively by weaving in Runes of Power at proper Mana levels without buffing the specialization for every Arcane Mage on Azeroth.
jeffrybungle

Unread postby jeffrybungle Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:39 am

Wouldn't that make brain storm a much better trait than it's portrayed to be? 30 sec window of extra int as you start your burn, use your second rune after your first and keep burning till your runes gone?
FrankstaH

Unread postby FrankstaH Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:18 pm

Hello mate,

With 3x equipoise i don't follow normal rotation, i spam arcane blast until oom but then instead of evocating and "managing mana" i just spam arcane blast (until 4 charges) and then dump with arcane barrage... This way you save your evocation for when arcane power is back up and you can start your cooldowns at 100% mana increasing damage.

Obviously without equipoise i use evocate as soon as i am oom and then keep my mana at around 70% until cooldowns are up

Grong is very good for arcane, so is champions of light, mekka and jaina... also its quite good on opulence

Also i always spec Slipstream instead of shimmer... the reason for this is that sometimes when you get clearcasting its really nice to be able to move while doing damage... further to this and even more importantly you can move whilst evocating which especially in mythic plus is a life saver!... As long as you use your blink and displacement correctly and always limit movement unless needed you will have a high burst and stay up there.

Remember with equipoise you wana STAY above 70% mana while your arcane power is up!

good luck :)
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:15 am

Hello mate,

With 3x equipoise i don't follow normal rotation, i spam arcane blast until oom but then instead of evocating and "managing mana" i just spam arcane blast (until 4 charges) and then dump with arcane barrage... This way you save your evocation for when arcane power is back up and you can start your cooldowns at 100% mana increasing damage.
That's ..... not how you play arcane with Equipose.

You're wasting a lot of damage during conserve at low mana, when you could be benefitting from equipose at high mana and STILL have enough mana during AP (OP makes AP burn spend almost no mana)
Purplefrost

Unread postby Purplefrost Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:02 am

Definitely stay above 70% at all times other than burn phase. You can do mini burns with charged up but that’s something that can’t be explained over text.
Saviola34341

Unread postby Saviola34341 Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:03 am

Is there anyway to input this playstyle intoo the simulations?
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:30 am

Is there anyway to input this playstyle intoo the simulations?
It's the default APL if you have Equipoise equipped.

Return to “Arcane”