Forum Subscribe

Tebla

Forum Subscribe

Unread postby Tebla Thu May 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Any chance of getting subscribe functionality on here. I love a good daily summary of new topics and such.
Kver
Administrator

Re: Forum Subscribe

Unread postby Kver Thu May 29, 2014 5:12 pm

As in a newspaper type of thing?
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
Tebla

Unread postby Tebla Thu May 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Well, like EJ or MMOC, really. With those I can (or could in the case of EJ) get a daily email feed of new threads as well as emails for specific topics with the new comments in it. Makes it easy for me to keep up with talks during the day while I'm working.
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Thu May 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Ah, like that. That might be an interesting idea. I'll have a look into the possibilities.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Thu May 29, 2014 5:51 pm

This is already partly in, if you want to use something similar. In the menu, mouseover search -> View new posts.

We may add in something e-mail related as well. You can already subscribe to certain threads if you want notifications of that.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Tebla

Unread postby Tebla Thu May 29, 2014 6:15 pm

Viewing new posts requires me to go to the site and I like to keep hitting game sites to a minimum while working. When I get home I am mostly spending time with my family. Not saying I'm not interested in contributing. Just saying emails would be easier to keep involved.
Tebla

Unread postby Tebla Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Ah, like that. That might be an interesting idea. I'll have a look into the possibilities.
I thought I would revisit this. Have you had a chance to look into this? The site is now really active and I would love to be able to subscribe to forums. And threads without posting.
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:31 pm

Functions to subscribe to forums and/or topics should already be there, together with the 'View new posts' or 'View unread posts' functions. Do you specifically want something that emails you?
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

Tebla

Unread postby Tebla Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:24 pm

Functions to subscribe to forums and/or topics should already be there, together with the 'View new posts' or 'View unread posts' functions. Do you specifically want something that emails you?
Yes, I would love a daily digest of new and updated forum posts. EJ used to have that MMOC has it. There are usually a bunch that I ignore and one or two that I want to read. Sometimes there are none. If I go to a thread I can subscribe to it without having to post a reply to it. Most times I am consuming the information so I'd rather not post a space taking minimum response so that I can subscribe to it.

I deal with multiple sites for work all day, everyday. I have a newsreader and forum digests coming in all the time and I really need to pick and choose what I read. This would be a huge boon to me. I feel like I am missing out on data.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:44 pm

I'll look into it Tebla, no promises for now though.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”